Designing for active urban travel.
They say small is beautiful and we can’t disagree when it comes to those small-scale interventions which can make it easier and safer for people walking and cycling. That is why we specialise in working to help make those changes to local streets which will enable human-powered transport;
- Assessment and design of pedestrian and cycle crossings,
- Side road entry treatments (from decent dropped kerbs to continuous footways),
- Filtered permeability schemes (close the road – open the street!),
- Access audits for walking and cycling,
- “Barrier bashing” – looking at alternatives to physical barriers,
- Cycle track design,
- Walking and cycling friendly junctions,
- Experimental traffic orders, trialling and interim schemes,
- How travel planning can be used to effect change to streets.
We can also provide tailored training and workshop facilitation for those involved in designing for active urban travel or be a “critical friend” in helping you with your project through design reviews and workshops.
Please contact us for more information or to discuss your project.